Shipping a TV can be a costly affair, but the cost can vary greatly based on a number of factors.
Such as the size and weight of the TV, the shipping distance, and the shipping method you choose.
In this article, we’ll explore the average cost of shipping a TV, so you can budget for this expense and ensure your TV arrives safely at its destination.
Whether you’re moving, upgrading, or simply need to get your TV from one place to another, understanding the cost of shipping is essential.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A TV?
The cost of shipping a TV depends on various factors such as the size and weight of the TV, shipping service used, shipping speed and distance, insurance, taxes, duties, and fuel surcharges.
Typically, it will likely cost at least $100 to ship a TV. The average cost of shipping a 43-inch TV from Boston to Miami is $100, excluding packing and supplies.
6 states that the average price to ship a TV in North America is $2.57 per mile for shipments under 100 miles and $0.34 per mile for shipments under 1000 miles. The actual cost of the shipment can vary due to other factors.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Tv Fedex?
FedEx charges an average of $140 to $170 to ship a TV domestically. To identify the total domestic shipping cost, you need to calculate the shipping box cost and the shipment cost separately.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Tv USPS?
USPS offers some relatively cheap shipping options for long-distance TV shipping, including Priority Express Mail, Priority Mail, and Regular Ground Service.
UPS provides a tool to estimate the cost of shipping a TV using the UPS Calculate Time and Cost Tool.
You can consider requiring a signature upon delivery for peace of mind and increase the declared value of the shipment by paying an additional protection charge. The UPS Store also provides a shipping cost estimator.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A TV DHL?
The cost of shipping a TV with DHL will depend on the dimensions and weight of the TV, as well as the distance it needs to travel and the shipping speed chosen.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $300 or more for shipping a TV with DHL. To get an accurate estimate, it’s best to use DHL’s shipping calculator or contact their customer service directly.
FedEx also provides an online shipping rates calculator to estimate shipping costs based on information such as the package weight, dimensions, currency conversion rate, and other factors.
The cost of shipping a TV varies widely depending on several factors, and use shipping cost calculators or contact shipping companies directly to get an accurate estimate.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A TV Internationally?
The cost of shipping a TV internationally will depend on various factors such as the weight and dimensions of the package, the origin and destination addresses, and the service you select.
It is suggested to get an instant quote by entering the shipping information into the booking tool provided by some international shipping companies.
For shipping a TV using USPS, it costs about $29.60 to $175 with Priority Mail International and First-Class Package International Service respectively.
Shipping a TV with UPS would cost about $125 to ship cross-country at the retail rate.
Prices may not include packing and additional charges such as insurance, taxes and duties, and fuel surcharges.
What To Consider Before Shipping A TV?
When shipping a TV, consider the following:
You will need a cardboard box, extra sturdy box, packing tape, marker, plastic bags, twist-ties, and padding material like Styrofoam.
Remove the TV’s base, mount, and screws and place them in a resealable bag labeled with their contents. Tape the bag to the TV to prevent loss during transit.
Pack the wall mount or TV stand separately from the TV to avoid scratching. Use bubble wrap to cover the TV screen and secure it with packing tape.
Remove stands, mounts, and other peripherals before shipping the TV. If you want to ship them, break them down as much as possible.
Place any nuts, bolts, and other equipment in a secure plastic bag inside the box, and note the accessories inside the bag. Remove batteries from the remote control, wipe it clean, and place it in a separate bag for shipping.
Secure the contents inside the box using tape and additional packing material like bubble wrap or foam inserts.
Tape the box tightly on all sides and make sure the shipping label is securely attached. Place directional arrows on the outside of the box to indicate the correct orientation.
Do not transport a TV without a box or proper packaging. If you don’t have the original box, use a slightly bigger cardboard box that is sturdy and resistant.
Cheapest Way To Ship A TV
The cheapest way to ship a TV can vary depending on the weight of the TV, the shipping method, and the shipping carrier.
If you are able to transport the TV to your new home on your own, it is the cheapest option.
For shipping services, UPS is reported to be the cheapest option for shipping a TV:
- For packages weighing 10 pounds or more, the cheapest option is reported to be UPS Ground or FedEx Ground, while for packages under 5 pounds, the cheapest option is reported to be USPS Retail Ground or USPS Priority Mail.
- For packages that are generally under 7 pounds, the cheapest option is reported to be USPS.
- For shipping media items, such as a TV, the cheapest option is reported to be media mail option via the post office.
It is recommended to pack the TV properly to avoid damage and to purchase additional shipping protection.
Most major couriers like FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and other couriers can ship a TV, but it is best to check with the shipping carrier to ensure the TV can be shipped.
How To Ship A Tv Without Box?
To ship a TV without its original box, you can follow these steps:
- Gather the necessary packing materials, including a TV box or TV shipping box, foam wrap or packing paper, and packing tape.
- Make sure that the TV box fits your screen snugly.
- Place Styrofoam around the edges of the device to act as a protective barrier.
- Wrap the screen in foam wrap or packing paper.
- Seal the box with packing tape.
- Remove batteries from the remote control, wipe it clean and place the remote in a separate bag that can be shipped inside the box. Place any nuts, bolts and other equipment the TV requires in a secure plastic bag that will travel inside the box.
Make a quick note of the accessories inside the plastic bag and place that inside the bag as well.
- If you don’t have the original TV box, you can purchase TV shipping boxes from retailers such as Amazon or uBoxes.com.
- Wrap items separately and use cushioning material. Seal the box with plastic or nylon tape at least two inches wide. Do not use duct tape.
- You can drop off your shipment at a FedEx location such as FedEx Drop Box, FedEx Office, Walgreens, or other retail partner locations. Alternatively, you can schedule a pickup online. FedEx custom and clinical boxes are only available at FedEx Office Locations.
- Do not under any circumstances transport the TV lying down flat. Tvs are shipped in the upright position.
- A recommendation is to wrap the TV in a bed comforter and stand it up on the back seat of your car with nothing else back there and use bungee cords to hold it in place while driving slowly.
- You can use Click-N-Ship® service to pay for postage and print a shipping label from your printer or at a Post Office™ location. You can also schedule a USPS® pickup from your home or office.
- With the USPS Loyalty Program, small businesses can now earn credits for Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express® labels printed with Click-N-Ship. 
Where To Buy A Tv Shipping Box?
TV shipping boxes can be purchased online at sites such as Amazon. They come in different sizes to accommodate different sizes of TVs and are typically made of corrugated cardboard.
Some of the boxes come with foam edge protectors to secure the TV in place during transit. Some shipping companies, such as FedEx and UPS, offer in-store shipping supplies, including boxes, cushioning material, and foam edge protectors.
Remove any peripheral items from the TV, such as stands or mounts, before shipping.
What Is The Average Cost Of Shipping A Tv?
The average cost of shipping a TV can vary based on the size, weight, and shipping distance.
It can range anywhere from $50 to $300 or more.
Does The Size Of The Tv Affect The Cost Of Shipping?
Yes, the size of the TV can have a significant impact on the cost of shipping.
Larger TVs require larger boxes, more protective materials, and may need special handling, which can increase the shipping cost.
Does The Weight Of The Tv Affect The Cost Of Shipping?
Yes, the weight of the TV can also affect the cost of shipping.
Heavier TVs require more effort to handle, package, and transport, which can increase the shipping cost.
Does The Distance Of The Shipment Affect The Cost Of Shipping?
Yes, the distance of the shipment can have a significant impact on the shipping cost.
Longer distances require more time, effort, and fuel, which can increase the shipping cost.
What Factors Influence The Cost Of Shipping A Tv?
The cost of shipping a TV can be influenced by various factors such as the size, weight, shipping distance, shipping method, insurance, and packaging materials.
Can I Save Money By Shipping The Tv Myself Instead Of Using A Shipping Company?
It depends on the circumstances. Shipping the TV yourself can save you money if you have the proper packaging materials, the necessary equipment, and the time and ability to handle the shipment.
However, using a shipping company may be more convenient and offer more protection for the TV during transit.
Does The Cost Of Shipping Include Insurance Coverage?
It depends on the shipping company. Some shipping companies include insurance coverage in the cost of shipping, while others may offer it as an optional add-on.
It is important to check with the shipping company to determine what is included in the cost of shipping and what insurance options are available.
The cost of shipping a TV can vary greatly depending on several factors such as the size and weight of the TV, the shipping distance, and the shipping method chosen.
On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $30 to $200 or more for shipping a TV.
By carefully considering all of these factors, you can find the most cost-effective solution that ensures your TV arrives safely at its destination.